Friday, January 29, 2010

The high heel, sneaker debate

I have a love for cute shoes, just like most girls. When I was in high school I would wear high heels all the time, even with my PJ's sometimes ( its true). Wearing high heels makes me feel pretty and girly and they are so cute. Plus they make your legs hotter, whats not too love about them? When I started college, I wore tennis shoes every day because I always had active classes ( P.E. Major) and now at work I wear tennis shoes every day too. I have never been one to think wearing workout shoes with jeans is cute, however, I have fallen in love with workout shoes! Yes I am guilty of wearing them with my jeans on the weekend, they are just so comfortable and I feel invincible when I wear them. If you are wearing tennis shoes you can do anything: run, shop for hours, play at a park. These activities are not so easy in heels. Sometimes comfort overrides cuteness. Thats how I know that I am getting old. When you would rather be comfortable than cute that means that you have become an old lady. But high heels will always be my first love ( even if they make my feet ache when I wear them). To this day when I go shopping I stop to admire them and love them. And if I want to feel cute then I will break them out. On Holidays its more important to be cute than comfortable so I will wear high heels. On vacation its more important to be comfortable so I wear tennis shoes.

1 comment:

The earlier limn gets the worm said...

Gil, It is no secret that I despise the looks of athletic shoes! I wear them for work purposes and that is all. I am a flats girl through and through! You know I am a cancer and cancers are loyal,guess the flats are here to stay. The high heel scenario just does not vibe with me! I am an unbalanced,ready to fall on my A*# mess in them. I do think they make legs look great- Very ZZtop "she has got legs and knows how to use them"! You are smart with your New Balance and jeans combo,cause your feet stay strong while mine hurt and falter in the end! -Girl

Our wedding--The best day ever!

Our wedding--The best day ever!
I am such a sucker for wedding pictures so I thought I would post one of us!

My graduation, May 2008

My graduation, May 2008