Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Is it 2010 already?

This year has totally flown by and it has been a great one. There hasn't been lots of monumental stuff but here are some highlights of 2009:

1. We bought our first house and are in love with it. Yes it is far from civilization, but lucky for us we have a wonderful family who makes the treck out to our place lots. You know you live far when...
-the closest mall is 30 minutes away
- you think a place is close to you when it only takes you 20 minutes to get there
-You have to budget in an hour in a half driving time (round trip) to visit the parents
- You say the phrase we will be coming in town when you come to mesa
But I have no regrets on the house, we seriously are so excited about it!

2. We got a lot older: Josh is now 30 and I am 25. I guess that means I will have to get knocked up sometime soon before I get too old.

3. Josh enrolled in Myropractor school and he starts next week! His brother is a myropractor and it is amazing stuff. I always have hip and knee aches when I run, but after I started going to his brother the aches subsided. Josh will be done by September and I am so thrilled that he will be able to keep my body feeling young.

I think 2010 is going to be a big year for us and it scares me a little, but I think it will also be an exciting year because:

1. Josh will be done with school in the fall so that means he will be working 2 jobs and hopefully he can become my sugar daddy

2. We are going to try to get pregnant this summer ( YIKES) and nonthing is more monumental than that step and I know it will change everything. I am so nervous.

3. We might actually get back to Austin to visit Joshy's family this year ( Hooray)

3 comments:

Jeff and Kelsey said...

Listen Gilly...! You are seriously lacking in the picture department! I have heard about this cute house but have yet to see pictures. Oh and there was a rumor about some bearded ladies...MUST see! Your prompt response will be greatly appreciated! Love, Puds

Anonymous said...

~~*Great Post to start the new year off!!!! 2010 BABY! It feels good sayin' that....I need to do a post like this one. Except 2009 was UN-EVENTFUL for Me.. ha ha NOT! :P I'm glad that you are both enjoyin' your house. Now, it's something that you can call your "own" and it will feel right to start having babies and to raise a family. At least, that's what I think. I keep telling Matt that we need to start lookin for a HOUSE THEN we can start with the BABY MAKIN'!! tee hee YEAH for Josh starting school. HAPPY NEW YEAR GIRL!!!*~~

Great Scott's! said...

Elisha, what a lovely blog you have. I love the way you write, it's super fun to read! And I really want to see some pictures of your new house. maybe I didn't scrolled down far enough yet, will do that. And you are going to hopefully get preggers this year? how exciting!!! I had my 1st baby just before I turned 26, and I love it! And Josh is 30, what an old man!! Jk, I will be 28 in about 3 days so I'm getting up there. I miss you guys so much! glad to hear all is well, and give reins a great big hug from me!

Our wedding--The best day ever!

Our wedding--The best day ever!
I am such a sucker for wedding pictures so I thought I would post one of us!

My graduation, May 2008

My graduation, May 2008