Thursday, January 28, 2010

Movie Popcorn

Growing up, when my parents would take us kids to the movies they would always buy us popcorn. I loved that and it made going to the movies even more fun. Fast forward 15 years to the present and I am a movie popcorn addict. When I walk in the movie theatre I get overcome by the yummy, buttery popcorn smell and I give in to buying it every time. Of course America would come up with the idea of feeding people while we sit on butts and watch 2 hours of a movie, darn our fat culture! So a few weeks ago Josh and I went to the movies and I told him not to get popcorn because I was trying to eat healthy. We go to the concession stand to get me a water and him a Coke ( we have the souvinier cups so its only a dollar) and then he gave in and bought popcorn--that little putz! And what did I do about it? I ate half of it, the popcorn is just too yummy to give up.

3 comments:

Devin & Ruthann said...

hahaha I totally love the popcorn too, but Devin and I are too cheap to buy it so we hardly get it.

Come to the movie with me and we'll be strong together!

The earlier limn gets the worm said...

Gilly, I am happy that movie popcorn is not one of my troubles. Here is the scenario-every time I do partake of the popcorn,I regret it. The darn kernels are a pet peeve. I am all about flossing folks but get real. The kernels are such a hide and go seek situation! Who the hell has the time! Admittedly though,I do always want one of those icees at the concession stand. I have yet to spend $10 dollars on one though. Movies are great,and movie snacks are hard! -girl

Anonymous said...

~~*I never used to get popcorn when going to movies. BUT, I always have to HAVE my soda =) Now, it's MY SODA + buttery, salty delicious POPCORN...they just go soooo good together. AND Me & Matt will stop and get a few treats to snack on like Milk Duds and Sour Patch Kids. YUM! Guess we need to work on that... hmm...maybe NOT! tee hee =)*~~

Our wedding--The best day ever!

Our wedding--The best day ever!
I am such a sucker for wedding pictures so I thought I would post one of us!

My graduation, May 2008

My graduation, May 2008