Tuesday, March 30, 2010

We gave A Day...


So we wen to Rawhide on Saturday to do our Disney service day.  We were in helping set up for a fine food and wine tasting event.  The proceeds of the event was going to the boys and girls club.  When we arrived they really didn't know what they wanted us to do. We kept moving tables to a spot and then they would have us move them back to the spot we got them from.  So Reins and I felt kind of lost.  Josh was loving it because they told us to be creative and figure things out.  I don't do that.  I like a set plan.  Josh said I just needed to have fun with it.  We are so opposites, he thrives on thinking outside the box and I thrive on having a plan.  


Here josh is making himself useful and offering some helpful tips

Here Reins and I are getting a photo since we didn't know what else to do....We were eventually assigned light duty and made ourselves useful.  All in all it was an easy service and come December we will reap our reward at Disneyland!  I think its fantastic that Disney is promoting the act of giving service and I realize that I really need to do it more often ( as long as its not visiting teaching cause that is my least favorite service, but we will keep that our little secret).

1 comment:

vegan minus the flannel said...

Gilly, I am glad we did our part with light duty. I thought it was such an easy service and well worth a disney ticket! Secret is out about the v@t! However no one will judge cause they are probably avoiding v@t quality time as well. Disney in Dec will be a magical experience.- Reina

Our wedding--The best day ever!

Our wedding--The best day ever!
I am such a sucker for wedding pictures so I thought I would post one of us!

My graduation, May 2008

My graduation, May 2008