Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I am Proud to be an American, but...

I feel so lucky to be born and raised in America. America is the best, however I do have a few complaints about our society:
1. Why don't American schools teach elementary kids another language? In several other countries kids learn 2 languages at school. The whole American idea of teaching us a language once we hit junior high is lame.

2. Our culture is so fat! I am totally guilty of this myself. Darn fast food, ice cream and processed food.

3. Health care/ insurance. So many other countries have this issue under control but our country kind of bites the dust on this one.

But I love my life here in the good Old USA and I don't think there is a better place to be. Could we please just get our good economy back so the stress of losing jobs would go away.

2 comments:

vegan minus the flannel said...

We can not get the economy back in this tough economy. I like America too Gilly! However I still would love to visit Europe one day! Language in highschool is kinda silly,however my teacher sold candy consisting of suckers covered in chille powder. I wonder if those ever sold out? - Reina

Bryce and Candice said...

So how do you feel about the new healthcare reform?

Our wedding--The best day ever!

Our wedding--The best day ever!
I am such a sucker for wedding pictures so I thought I would post one of us!

My graduation, May 2008

My graduation, May 2008