Saturday, April 10, 2010

Set, Hike...

I was asked to coach the 6-8 year old football team at Simonton. What I was thinking is, " have you guys met me?" Meaning I have never watched or played football in my life. I am all about sports but football has never made it on my list. But I decided to do it anyways and I think I had butterflies in my stomach for the first week of practice. The players are so cute, but football scares me because I am such a novice. I had to make up plays and assign the players positions, I mean this is serious business. Today was their first game and Josh is on a boys camping trip. I was so nervous about the game, so my Dad came and slept at my house last night ( I get scared at night if I am home alone) and went to the game with me. He helped me get the players flags on and then he was on the sideline helping me switch players in and out of the game. It meant so much to me to have him there. And the good news is that our teams tied in the game! The Colts ( my team) made some great running plays! Now we just need to work on catching football. Hopefully I can snap some photos at one of the games so i can post them.

2 comments:

vegan minus the flannel said...

Football is a bore,just typing the word is obnoxious. However with little baby footballers it would be so cute.- Reina

Bryce and Candice said...

I am a football fan... sometimes, but I don't think I would have any idea on how to actually coach a team. I am totally impressed with you right now...joker too! That is so sweet that he slept at your house and helped you out, it might even bring a tear to my eye.

Our wedding--The best day ever!

Our wedding--The best day ever!
I am such a sucker for wedding pictures so I thought I would post one of us!

My graduation, May 2008

My graduation, May 2008