Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Jaime Oliver Rocks!

I don't know how many of you tuned in to the tv show Food Revolution featuring Jaime Oliver, but I just have to say it was great! I see what the kids are served at lunch and breakfast everyday at school and it is such a disgrace ( I am definitely going to pack my kids lunches). Last year I forgot my lunch one day and was forced to buy a school lunch, it consisted of a hot pocket and french fries. I guess a hot pocket isnt unhealthy enough on its own so they had to add the fries. When I brought this up to one of the staff members they said, " but they serve the lean hot pocket." Woopty freakin doo! A lean pocket has white flour, pepperonis and cheese, that is hardly healthy. So I totally fell in love with Jaime Oliver and his idea to give America a food makeover. I honestly don't think it possible because their are too many huge corporations that make the unhealthy food and the government will not put a stop to it. But lets not get in to politics, I just wanted to say you go Jaime, I am on your side!

2 comments:

Bekah Parker said...

I agree with all of the above. It is ridiculous what we feed our kids everyday. It only teaches them horrible eating habits which explains why America is the most obese country in the world. It is so sad. And it all comes down to $$$$$. So sad!! But I love his show. I wish it wasn't ending this week.

vegan minus the flannel said...

I think it is a great thing Jaime is trying to accomplish! The cafeteria food is crazy OBESE QUALITY! I liked the first episode...but then it was the same thing repeated every week. Seen one "Food Revolution" episode,seen 'em all! REINA

Our wedding--The best day ever!

Our wedding--The best day ever!
I am such a sucker for wedding pictures so I thought I would post one of us!

My graduation, May 2008

My graduation, May 2008