Wednesday, February 3, 2010

An Elementary Valentines


I had a flashblack the other day of how much fun Valentines day was when you are a kid. It was the cutest holiday. You get to spend time in class making a little Valentine's box or heart pouch. Then you get to go to the store and pick out your valentines. I remember one year someone gave out valentines that you could stick to your window ( clear plastic kind) and I thought that was the coolest thing. So the next valentines I bought the window clinging valentines to give out so I could be the one givng the "good stuff". Once you pick out your valentines, you get to go home and write your messages and assemble your candy coonversation hearts with the valentines. Then to top it all off, you get a class party and pass out the valentines and then get to read your valentines. How sweet is Valentines day in elementary school! I still love Valentines day, but now it is a totally different holiday as an adult.

1 comment:

The earlier limn gets the worm said...

Gilly,now for valentines day you get to put on a skanky cop costume,with a badge that states the name Vanity Fair! So I guess valentines does change as you get older. I think it is a darling holiday. We got cute little valentines with candy delivered to our office and the girl who brought them and I were talking about how much fun it was to hand out valetines in school! P.S. I think mom bought me that cherry almond valentines candy bar I suggested from World Market! You know how she never hides things correctly! It was just sitting on the desk in their room. I almost just ate it right then,but I refrained. Let poor mom fake surprise me. -girl

Our wedding--The best day ever!

Our wedding--The best day ever!
I am such a sucker for wedding pictures so I thought I would post one of us!

My graduation, May 2008

My graduation, May 2008