Monday, August 9, 2010

Goodbye Summer, Hello Middle School

Thats right folks, I am now teaching at Combs Middle School! I got a call in June from my Principal and she told me that they were moving me to the middle school because my old position at Simonton was going to be part time. So now I will be teaching 6th and 7th grade girls P.E. I am sure they will be lots of drama, Justin Bieber talk and whining, but I think it will be a fun experience. The stress load will probably increase, but I am up for the challenge. Josh was kind enough to go shopping with me for back to work clothes. I was able to score some deals on shorts and shirts at the Nike outlet. Yes its back to wearing work out gear every day.

On a different note I would like to thank Discovery Channel for a wonderful week of TV watching last week...Shark Week. I love shark week! Devin and I used to watch it together and now I just watch it on my lonesome ( Josh thinks its silly how much I love it) I remember watching it when I lived in Hawaii a few summers back and I was really scared to go surfing after that. I mean surfers have been shark bait on a number of occasions. I did manage to get the nerve up and go surfing, but I remember looking for sharks as I was swimming out to the waves. I think the fun of catching the waves made it easy to forget about sharks....sort of. Did anyone else check out shark week? One of the most interesting shark facts I leared was the Florida is the most dangerous place to hang out in the ocean, they have more shark attacks than other beaches. Scary.

3 comments:

Bryce and Candice said...

Darn it I missed it, but I heard Bryce talk about it. He too loves Shark Week!!! I must admit that I have been a little excited for you to go back to work, just so I could read about you more often!

Anonymous said...

I am too busy watching Jersey Shore,which is basically the same concept as shark week. REINA

Kayleen said...

I watched tons of Shark Week! I'm kind of addicted to the discovery channel. My hubby and I are going on a cruise this weekend, and we're going scuba diving. I have to admit I'm a little more nervous this time than I have been in the past. :)
Good luck with the middle school drama! :)

Our wedding--The best day ever!

Our wedding--The best day ever!
I am such a sucker for wedding pictures so I thought I would post one of us!

My graduation, May 2008

My graduation, May 2008