Thursday, August 12, 2010

Unpopular

In elementary school P.E. is most kids favorite class. Students would constantly tell how much they loved P.E. and they would always be so excited to be there. Now that I am at the middle school I have moved into the least popular slot for electives. All the girls are opting for dance, art or FACS ( home mec) instead. One of my classes is down to 16 students! I am trying to get the girls to recruit their friends to sign up. I just hope that I can make this class a positive experience for the girls that did pick it. So far I am enjoying being at the middle school and I think it will be a fun year. And when its over I will probably have enough drama to write a memoir of life as a middle school P.E. teacher. The hardest part about being back to work is getting used the hours. I am so worn out by the end of the day. In the summer I would sleep in, work out, do a few chores and then just watch tv or lounge around. Now that I am back to work its like going from 0 mph to 60 mph. My feet and shoulders have been aching all week. The good news is that I am sure I will get used to it within a week or 2. My goal for today is to hit zumba class tonight at the gym. I havent done any cardio this week, I have only managed to do pilates and some weights. Hopefully next week I will get the burst of energy next week so I can hit the gym everyday after work. Afterall you need to practice what you preach and I preach health all day long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gilly, I am looking forward to all the middle school stories. It is going to be intersting and entertaining...Do you have to pretend you have Bieber fever? REINA

Jaron & Abby said...

Oh I'm so sad that I wasn't there for the girls night! I miss you and everyone too! I can't wait until I can go to another one. I'm pretty confident that we will still be having these for many many years to come. :) Oh and your post is so funny. I totally remember not liking p.e. in junior high because our teacher made us swim and it would totally ruin your hair. That just wasn't good when you are trying to impress Guffy Wright and Trent Overson in 7th grade. :)

Our wedding--The best day ever!

Our wedding--The best day ever!
I am such a sucker for wedding pictures so I thought I would post one of us!

My graduation, May 2008

My graduation, May 2008