Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Neti Pot

So Sunday it happened, I woke up with a cold. I get sick a lot through the year working with kids, but I dont usually come down with anything this soon; I have only been back to work for 3 weeks. Lame. After work on Monday I went to Walgreens to stock up on some nyquil and dayquil and I also decided to try a neti pot (all the meds ended up costing 26 bucks). Has anyone ever done one of those before? Its this warm saline solution that you poor in one nostril and it drains out the others. Yes its pretty sexy, but supposedly it is supposed to clear the sinus. And though it freaked me out a bit I decided to give it a try and I think it did help. My head still feels like it weighs 20 pounds and it full of mucus, but it did help me breathe a little easier. I will warn you that I had random leaks from my nose every once in a while. I am hoping this is the last of the colds for the school year, but who knows if my immune system will be able to make it through the semester without catching something else.

3 comments:

Jeff and Kelsey said...

Jeff totally has to use the neti pot because he has nose problems...anyway that totally made me laugh reading about the random drips from the nose it happens to him all the time. I have even gone to kiss him and out it comes!! Luckily its just water (I hope)!

ashley wright said...

leesh... bless your little heart. I HATE being sick and Im so sorry that you are!!! Ive never done the neti pot, but ive done a sinus rinse and it totally helped me :)
I hope you feel better love.

Kayleen said...

I have a neti pot, and I think it's pretty great. I hate the feeling of water up my nose, but it sure feels better afterwards.
Sorry you got sick. Hope you're all better by now. :)

Our wedding--The best day ever!

Our wedding--The best day ever!
I am such a sucker for wedding pictures so I thought I would post one of us!

My graduation, May 2008

My graduation, May 2008