Saturday, October 25, 2008

Take a hike



So after having the flu this week, I was anxious to get out and get some exercise. Joshy and I decided to go on hike since the weather is finally cooling down. We were headed to Usery(no idea how to spell that one) park, but Josh took the wrong road. So after a 40 minute detour down Power to the middle of nowhere, we finally found our way( just a tip, drive down Ellsworth not Power). Unfortunately by the time we got to the trail, we were only able to hike for 30 minutes since the sun was setting. Kind of a bummer after paying 6 bucks--a little steep for my taste-- to get in the park. But if your looking for a fun hike that gets the heart pumping and is not really serious check out the wind caves trail ( maybe next time Josh and I will actually get to make it to the top!)

1 comment:

Carrie Carp said...

So first of all, I am SO happy to hear you survived Usuery Pass. Jayson's buddy was doing the free 7-mile loop around Usury at night a few weeks ago and they stumbled upon a mountain lion. A MOUNTAIN LION! When they called the park ranger person he said "oh ya, you're the 3rd call. we gotta relocate the lion since it's too friendly with humans now." Please don't go there at night.

And secondly, did you not love MMA? I'm a business major at ASU east so my taking this class is totally random. I don't even need it to graduate, but it's something I've always wanted to do. Now I'm hooked and hope to move out there when I get a job and we can get some more money. I think its like $100 a semester which is sort of a lot but actually super cheap compared to most gyms. Plus you can use the ajdacent weight room/etc I think. Well I will definitely be bugging you next semester, I really want to keep training. I suck so bad, though!

Our wedding--The best day ever!

Our wedding--The best day ever!
I am such a sucker for wedding pictures so I thought I would post one of us!

My graduation, May 2008

My graduation, May 2008